- For every one pound of muscle you burn an extra 45 calories a day. Weight training and weight baring exercises help create muscles mass.
- Treadmill running requires 36% less oxygen than normal running at the same pace. Take that into account when preparing for a race. (Men’s Health UK)
- Week is the longest you should ideally go without a workout. If you rest for over a week your metabolism could slow by 4%, equating to a 2-pound gain over 2 weeks. (Women’s Health Mag, December 2013)
- Listening to music reduces how hard you think you’re working by about 10%. (Mensfitness.com, March 10, 2014)
- ACL injuries occur with a four to six fold greater incidence in female compared to male athletes playing the same high-risk sports. (North American Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, Dec 2010)
- Kale has more vitamin C than an orange. (HuffPost Living, April 7, 2014)
- Protein digests at a rate of between 1 – 10 grams per hour so if you eat 25 grams of protein it may stay in your system for up to 25 hours. (Shape, November 14, 2013)
633 Total Views 1 Views Today